Install PHP on Windows Server 2008 32-Bit with IIS7

Need help installing PHP, configuring a script, or configuring a server? Then come on in and post your questions! We'll try to help the best we can!

Moderator: General Moderators

Install PHP on Windows Server 2008 32-Bit with IIS7

Postby ericrovtar » Thu May 17, 2012 11:15 am

Hi!

I'm trying to install PHP on our public Web Server (Windows Server 2008 32-bit). I was told by a friend to make sure I do a manual install because running the Web Installer will mess up IIS, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

To start, I thought I would attempt doing this on our development server, which is running 2008 R2 64-bit. Even though I was told Microsoft Web Platform would work on this machine, I wanted to do it manually to simulate what I would need to do on the public server.

I found PHP's official documentation (http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis7.php) and followed each step: Unpacked the PHP files to C:\php and configured php.ini. But when I go to test if PHP works from the command prompt, I type in "php -info" and get "Could not open input file: o".

So I figured that I had missed something, deleted my edited php.ini file and extracted a fresh copy, but I'm still getting the same error.

I tried Googling the error, but found little help. I'm hoping someone might have some advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Eric
ericrovtar
Forum Newbie

Re: Install PHP on Windows Server 2008 32-Bit with IIS7

Postby Doug G » Fri May 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Try specifying the path to your php.ini file with the -c option. Some windows php binaries are built to use php.ini from c:\windows only.
======
Doug G
======
Doug G
Forum Contributor

Return to Installation and Configuration