Text Enhance Advertising

Discussions of secure PHP coding. Security in software is important, so don't be afraid to ask. And when answering: be anal. Nitpick. No security vulnerability is too small.

Moderator: General Moderators

Pavilion
Forum Contributor

Text Enhance Advertising

Post by Pavilion »

Well this is a new one on me. I've a test site and have been using it to learn and test my skills at PHP. Nothing on this site is up and running. I've a few tables, populated with test data. One of the tables contains contact information, names, email addresses, phone numbers and people's job titles.

Now here is my problem. Today I noticed that some of my job titles are highlighted in blue and that you can click on them and link to advertisements. Specifically the culprit is Text Enhance. How do I keep these buggers off my website. I did not request that they link their advertisements to my data. I just want to keep them, and others like them, out. Is there something I can do on my index page to block such places?

Thanks Much:

Pavilion
requinix
Spammer :|

Re: Text Enhance Advertising

Post by requinix »

Depends how the code got there. Are you using shared hosting? Where does the code appear on the page (look for JavaScript that doesn't belong)?