Social Networking site in PHP

Not for 'how-to' coding questions but PHP theory instead, this forum is here for those of us who wish to learn about design aspects of programming with PHP.

Moderator: General Moderators

social_experiment
DevNet Master

Re: Social Networking site in PHP

Post by social_experiment »

“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.” - Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering
sheeshkamal
Forum Newbie

Post by sheeshkamal »

i also want 2 make a same website as my college project. Can any one suggest that how to start with it i Mean step that first to design or from where to start and what software i require to develop. I know html,css,javascript and php. Guide me on this plz...urgent
Celauran

Post by Celauran »

sheeshkamal wrote:what software i require to develop.
All you really need is a text editor. A syntax-highlighting editor like Notepad++ would be better. An IDE like NetBeans or Eclipse better still.
Celauran

Post by Celauran »

phpdeveloperatlanta wrote:I want to create one website related to social networking site, which framework help me to make within few days. Can anyone suggest me ?
You're not going to make anything worthwhile in 'a few days'. If you're already familiar with a framework, use that. Otherwise, it's going to take you a few days just to become familiar with whatever framework you choose.
sheeshkamal
Forum Newbie

Post by sheeshkamal »

i have 2 months
just guide me that shall i design the website first or what??? and how can i get code snippet for chat box and how to implement it...
and if possible any tutorial..
reply for all above...awaiting
Celauran

Post by Celauran »

I've already answered some of your question in your other thread about the exact same thing.
Celauran

Post by Celauran »

A social networking site is a huge undertaking. What do you expect us to do? Walk you through it step by step? If you have specific questions, we can try to answer those.
social_experiment
DevNet Master

Post by social_experiment »

phpdeveloperatlanta wrote:No one gave the answer of my question..
We can only offer suggestions; which framework you choose is up to you. Like Celauran said; it's a huge undertaking. Start by getting ideas about what you want your social networking site to do; Once that's done start working on it (coding); Otherwise you could post in the Job section and pay someone to do this (or to help you with it).
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.” - Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering
azycraze
Forum Commoner

Post by azycraze »

the best way to create your own social networking site are the ebooks.
just google "Php 5 social networking by Michael Peacock".

To create a simple cms of your own http://azywebcoder.blogspot.in/2012/03/ ... art-1.html
Live24x7
Forum Contributor

Post by Live24x7 »

You can get your social networking site up & ready with no or minimal coding using wordpress and BuddyPress Plugin.

Buddy press is not just a simple plugin - it is a suite of WordPress plugins and themes - you can create a facebook or twitter lookalike in matter of days, if not hours.

Take a look at http://www.buddyboss.com/buddypress-site-directory/
for examples of what is being done with buddypress worldwide
Live24x7
Forum Contributor

Post by Live24x7 »

Having said that -

Building a social networking site is no big deal these days - promoting them and getting members is quite another story