Debuging Question?

Discussion of testing theory and practice, including methodologies (such as TDD, BDD, DDD, Agile, XP) and software - anything to do with testing goes here. (Formerly "The Testing Side of Development")

Moderator: General Moderators

Debuging Question?

Postby DougieDoug » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm

I'll admit right up front that I am in way over my head on this one.... I'm trying to modify a script created by one of those web form creation programs (SIMFATIC..which works really well). I have one form processing script that displays the form and does all the mail and validation stuff. The form's action goes back to this same script (ie the webform is accessed via url example/example.php and this same file is in the form action) . I have learned quite a bit about PHP by using the debugger and stepping through each line of code. I want to step through each line of the code that is called in the form's action. How do I do this? Am I even looking at this correctly?
DougieDoug
Forum Newbie

Re: Debuging Question?

Postby Christopher » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 pm

You can use xdebug with several popular editors. And Zend provides some solutions to provide debugging.
(#10850)
Christopher
Site Administrator

Re: Debuging Question?

Postby DougieDoug » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:06 pm

OK So even though its the same script I can't use the same means of debugging since one is client side and the other is Server side? Do I have that right? Thanks for your help.
DougieDoug
Forum Newbie

Return to Testing