Which framework of PHP is suitable for CMS?

Discussion for various published PHP frameworks, including Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, Kohana, CakePHP, Yii, Symfony, and others.

Moderator: General Moderators

purplemad
Forum Newbie

Which framework of PHP is suitable for CMS?

Post by purplemad »

From my development point of view,Wordpress is best for developing content management system.Wordpress is a open source platform for developing content management system.It is compatible with all major browsers.It Easy to install and upgrades.It provides thousands of theme templates.Themes allow user to customize your websites layout very quickly.you can use plugin to add functionality in your sites like social media sharing,SEO and much more.It allow user to create Search Engine Friendly contents.
Celauran

Re: Which framework of PHP is suitable for CMS?

Post by Celauran »

WordPress isn't a framework, it's a blogging platform. If you're looking to create a site that functions primarily as a blog and/or has a collection of static pages, WordPress will work fine. If you require more complex functionality, you'll end up fighting against WordPress far more than you will working with it. Square peg, round hole. The underlying code base is also astonishingly bad.
ethansamuel17
Forum Newbie

Post by ethansamuel17 »

Among all PHP frameworks, I personally suggest you to Yii, codelgniter and phalcon as they all are easy to customize and user friendly.
Celauran

Post by Celauran »

CodeIgniter is still stuck in PHP 5.2 and really shouldn't be considered for new projects. Moreover, it's so far behind that it's unlikely that will ever change.
PaulLejoy
Forum Newbie

Post by PaulLejoy »

CMS and frameworks are different platforms, CMS is a content management system, which have been build on top of the frameworks,
And framework is the collection of libraries to build an application. If you want to choose the best CMS, then wordpress is the best option as you said. And if you want to choose the framework, then CodeIgniter & Laravel Framewoks are the best options.
Anthonyemuobo
Forum Newbie

Post by Anthonyemuobo »

I would suggest Laravel it's popular and mostly used by developers.
smithedison
Forum Newbie

Post by smithedison »

i would like to suggest Yii or larvel because both are an open source, object-oriented, component-based MVC PHP web application frameworks.