PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:50 am 
Forum Newbie

hello guys i need a suggestion regarding which php framework to use for an ERP Application. We at our company have planned to make a ERP for Hotel. We are planing to cover aspects like - Room Booking, Restaurant, Cafe & Bar, Front Desk, Back Office, Kitchen, Inventory, Payment & Accounts etc.. The application will be installed on local server and work on intranet. Oracle will be used as database.
It is suggested by our analysis team that for payment credit card swipe machine should be there. So the framework that we will choose should be compatible with 3rd party tools or APIs. Since database will be Oracle so framework should also be compatible with Oracle.
I have searched the web for the best suited framework. There are the top 3 frameworks- CI, Zend, Yii. I have not worked on any of the above frameworks.
Plz suggest guys.Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:11 am 

Yii is dated and CodeIgniter is terrible. I'd look into ZF2 or Symfony2.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:11 am 
Forum Newbie

I would like to suggest Symphony. It would be best for ERP Application.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:32 pm 
Site Administrator

Really any framework would work well. Take to look at Laravel as well. And you might want to look on packagist.org for any specific functionality you need and see what frameworks have packages for those.

(#10850)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:01 pm 

+1 for both Laravel and Packagist. Laracasts also has a good intro to Laravel series, which can equally serve as a good introduction to PHP frameworks in general.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:41 am 
Forum Newbie

The cost will be too high if you are going to develop a software from scratch, not Zend or symfony will do it with a quick magic. I strongly suggest symfony over zend or yii because symonfy has lots of features that makes development a lot easier however, ERP systems are complex and you are risking wasting money if you are not clear on the design. I strongly suggest ready made software such as opentaps. It has all the features you need and you can customize it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:04 am 
Forum Newbie

Codeigniter is widely used to build the ERP applications rapidly, because it has large community for developers, it is cost-efficient, it saves your time and there is no need to put extra effort with this Codeigniter framework.