Is English Your First Language?

We know you have an opinion on how things should be run around here. These are suggestions for the forums, and the website.This forum is not a place to ask for suggestions to your own coding (or otherwise) problems.

Moderator: General Moderators

aravona
Forum Contributor

Re: Is English Your First Language?

Post by aravona »

Darhazer wrote:I think location is enough.. seeing that I'm from Bulgaria, you can guess English is not my native language. Of course, If I reallocate myself (to bigger rack :P), than my native language and my location can be different... but if I'm living in england, I'm supposed to speak English good enough, at least after the first few months there.
Thats a very good point but is only true of people who bother filling in their profile :)
Darhazer
DevNet Resident

Re: Is English Your First Language?

Post by Darhazer »

aravona wrote:
Darhazer wrote:I think location is enough.. seeing that I'm from Bulgaria, you can guess English is not my native language. Of course, If I reallocate myself (to bigger rack :P), than my native language and my location can be different... but if I'm living in england, I'm supposed to speak English good enough, at least after the first few months there.
Thats a very good point but is only true of people who bother filling in their profile :)
It's the same with the language option, unless you don't make it mandatory during registration process. Still - what about all of already registered users?

As a matter of fact, I've noticed that my location was just "HellCity" (1), without providing the country, while I was writing the previous post.

------
(1) It's my trademark ;)