PHP book and what to learn first?

Ye' old general discussion board. Basically, for everything that isn't covered elsewhere. Come here to shoot the breeze, shoot your mouth off, or whatever suits your fancy.
This forum is not for asking programming related questions.

Moderator: General Moderators

PHP book and what to learn first?

Postby yarin1312 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:50 am

i know html and css and a little bit js and now i wanna learn php and i want to ask what to learn first sql or php and good source to learn sql?
and another thing some one can give me a download for a good php book like apress or something cuz i didnt find :(
thank you :)
yarin1312
Forum Newbie

Re: PHP book and what to learn first?

Postby social_experiment » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 am

Start with PHP; syntax, functions and the move onto database interactions at a later stage. Take a look at php.net, all the functions / syntax are describe there
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.” - Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering
social_experiment
DevNet Master

Postby pennaseo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:01 am

for having the knowledge of server side includes in php : <a href="http://phpden.blogspot.in/2012/10/server-side-includes.html ">php</a>den visit this site.
pennaseo
Forum Newbie

Postby Eric! » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:11 am

I think PHP & MySQL for dummies is probably a good place to start. It shows beginners how to install, configure and then begin programming from the ground up. It's just a starting point, definitely not a serious reference book. I suggest you get the latest addition so you aren't learning the old MySQL methods.
Eric!
DevNet Resident

Postby annaharris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 am

check this link it contains 7 free PHP ebooks...http://vidiame.com/php/7-free-php-progr ... ning-books
annaharris
Forum Commoner

Postby TopToy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:34 am

Have you solved your issue?
TopToy
Forum Newbie

Return to General Discussion