PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 am 
Forum Commoner

Hi,

I am trying to promote my webservice and looking for your advice :)

Here is what I tried so far:

Adsense - Spendt $1000 without any real users. I get the visits but they just seems to disappear.

Stumbleupon - Spendt $25 but had much worse bounce rate then Adsense.

Buying sig links at Digital Point - Tried a few and get some hits now and then but no users will stick.

EasyTraffic.biz - Got lots of hits! Only problem is that I found out they are sending hits via iframe which means that no one actually sees my website.

My concerns is that users dont really know what my website is and do. Could you check it out at http://www.geedo.com and let me know if :

1. You understand what it is
2. You find it useful

Also if you could give me advice on how I can market it better and/or how I can make it easier for the user to understand what it is and do I will be forever thankful :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:22 pm 
Forum Contributor

Try an intro paragraph on the home page. It is not clear what it is or why I should use it.

I didn't find it particularly useful for two reasons: I expect my Google searches to turn up results in You Tube, Flicker, etc; I have a drop down in my browser search bar that allows me to choose my search engine. Maybe I'm missing something.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:34 pm 
Forum Commoner

I will add an intro paragraph ;) I was thinking of a top-right link saying something like "How to use Geedo" or something. Or do you think I shuld display an intro paragraph another way?

The reason I think it is useful is the idea that users use it as an startpage then they just open theire browser, type where they want to search and search for whatever they want. Saves (some) time. Mabye I am wrong though :/

Thanks for your help BTW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:35 pm 
Forum Newbie

I'm still trying to figure this promotional thing out but really it takes a little bit of research. What I do know is that you shouldn't start off just dumping your money in so many differenyt pots. It's hard to keep track of whats working and whats not. Secondly, I wouldn't start off spending money at all. Free traffic is the most genuine traffic to grab, plus it's free!!!!

These are a few things you can try, let me know how they work out for you!!!! I hope they give you what you are looking for.

1. Submit your site to Google,
2.submit your site to Yahoo
3.Make sure you have an email signature at the bottom of EVERY email that you send
4.Submit to yellowpages.com
5.submit your website to Google local business.

Ok those are just a few that I know of, I can give you a handful of other FREE ways to get genuine traffic to your website, but I'll break it up just in case you are looking for more. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm 
Forum Newbie

You can exchange link with many other website, put banner on some famous site, submit on Digg, post advertisements on the same content sites, or marketing on facebook, twitter, linked in, myspace, youtube,...
Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 am 
Forum Newbie

if you want to promot your webservice on search engines...firstly to create map on google who provide full information about your bussiness and afte than starting local seo...