PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 pm 
Forum Commoner

Hey guys, so I was thinking of starting up another website. I came up with the idea of an online Company Management site, somewhere the employer can come and update everyone via mass message, customer relations, check responsibilities, and a connector-tool to see the connections between employees. I think this could be a really good idea, but I need help brainstorming some ideas, some tools they can use to manage their employees. Any help would be great, brainstorm...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:02 pm 
DevNet Evangelist

Look into SugarCRM I imagine there are modules that do much of this already. Drupal would be another good place to start and avoid re-inventing the wheel :)

Cheers,
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 am 
Forum Commoner

Problem is there are thousands of different ways to run a company
even just saying "customer relations", that can mean one of a thousand things ....

Are you going to try and do something general and all-purpose, or something more specific and targetted?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:14 am 
Forum Newbie

This is nice question.

There are number of open source applications, at the same time, each company has different way of working or process management. So its good choice to use any open source tool which is closet to their working and customize as per their need. Obviously this helps to save cost and time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:32 am 
Forum Newbie

Salesforce leads the way in this sort of CRM application. There are a number of cheaper and even open source offerings out there. But the future of CRM will be social media-style communication within and beyond the organisation's boundary.