|PHP Developers Network
|Web Proxy Server Questions
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||UniqueIdeaMan [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 am ]|
|Post subject:||Web Proxy Server Questions|
You know I have been googling to learn the risks of running your own open public proxy but no luck in finding any link that spells-out all the risks involved. Do you know of any good link ?
Gonna use Mini Proxy gpl script.
I want to run a web proxy like anonymouse.org.
https://www.godaddy.com/garage/how-to-s ... xy-server/
The following questions are regarding running my own web proxy.
Q1. What must I look-out for when running my own web proxy ?
Q2. Is it necessary to host your web proxy on httpS (SSL) ?
Q3. Is it necessary to buy a httpS (SSL) certificate for my domain or website ?
Q4. What resources must I get from my webhost as a minimum ?
I was told to get the following:
* An Apache server with at least PHP 5 installed, along with cURL support.
* Write access to public_html.
* The ability to set up a proxy.
Is there anything else you'd like to add in that list that I must get as a minimum from my webhost to run my own open public web proxy ?
Q5. Anything I should know ?
|Author:||UniqueIdeaMan [ Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:11 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Web Proxy Server Questions|
As for the risks involved with running a web proxy server, I can think of the following at the top of my head. I'd appreciate it if you can add your own risk possibilities and grow the list.
* Too many users simultaneously using the service - (slowing down your proxy server)
* Illegal Sites Browsing - (getting your proxy server IP in trouble with the law)
* Viewing Streaming videos - (slowing down your proxy server and draining the bandwidth and causing trouble for other users such as timeouts)
* Bulk Downloads (videos, music files) - (slowing down your proxy server and draining the bandwidth and causing trouble for other users such as timeouts)
* Bulk Uploads (videos, music files) - (uploading virus & distributing it, slowing down your proxy server and draining the bandwidth and causing trouble for other users such as timeouts)
* DOS Attack - (getting your proxy server IP in trouble with the laws)
* Pirate Software Downloads - (getting your proxy server IP in trouble)
But, I don't think I would have any of the following risks by running a web proxy unless I run a Socks Proxy, right ?
* Spamming via your SMTP (unless, I run a webmail)
* Torrenting (Mas Seeding)
* Spreading Virus & Malware (unless, I allow uploading to my site/server)
What do you say ?
Anyway, do you know what kind of hacking risks there are by running a web proxy (if there are any risks, that is) ?
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group