Gui & Usability help

It doesn't matter if you do all the error checking in the world, or if you have the most beautiful graphics, if your site or application design isn't usable, it's not going to do well. Get input and advice on usability and user interface issues here.

Moderator: General Moderators

Gui & Usability help

Postby lior3d » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:07 am

Hey everyone!
I would appreciate your opinions about my website since i'm not a UI expert.
i know there are many pages that need to be redone and improved, so i would be happy to get some
tips from you.

My site isn't in English so i think this is actually better if you can find your way there in spite of the language barrier
http://www.carz.co.il/rate/homepage.aspx

Thank you!
lior3d
Forum Newbie

Re: Gui & Usability help

Postby Hermit TL » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:24 am

Well, I don't read... What was that, Hebrew? And I didn't attempt to translate the site. Instinctively my eyes are draw to the green (the link at the top and the large button) but the large green button was the first things I clicked. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at, reviews of cars maybe, maybe model cars. Overall (without knowing what was going on) I was able to quickly determine what each menu was (I think) the top drop down menu was for the model car, right? and the check boxes on the right obviously are to remove and add models of cars or categories. Seems like a rather straight forward interface to me. The only thing is that the drop down menu on the top, the right one, nothing happens when I change the option. Again, remember, I can't read the site so I was just guessing on what was what.

And welcome to the forums!
Hermit TL
Forum Commoner

Postby social_experiment » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:15 am

On the pages that display the images (like http://www.carz.co.il/rate/make.aspx?makeid=31 for instance) i would make the border that goes black on hover (of the image) a different color; a shade of gray or a different shade of black to make the transitions from the light gray slightly easier on the eye
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.” - Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering
social_experiment
DevNet Master

Postby mikeashfield » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 am

social_experiment wrote:On the pages that display the images (like http://www.carz.co.il/rate/make.aspx?makeid=31 for instance) i would make the border that goes black on hover (of the image) a different color; a shade of gray or a different shade of black to make the transitions from the light gray slightly easier on the eye

Agree totally, grey #888888 with a thickness of 2/3 would be great. :)
mikeashfield
Forum Contributor

Postby lior3d » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 am

hi, thank you every one for great tips.
the site is indeed Hebrew! good notice.
lior3d
Forum Newbie

Return to UI Design/Usability