PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: a lil help?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:17 pm 
Forum Newbie

ok so here is the thing. i started doing web stuff with my dad about 3 months ago, we have been working on a few different pages and i am a lil concerned because he left the layouts and 'look and feel' to me.

i just wanted to know what all of you thought of some of these. now i didn't do them on my own and most of it is photoshop/php.
i just don't know if they need something more, of if it looks kinds scetchy.
please be honest :P try not to hurt me too bad though hahaha

phpandflash.us
ebertresume.accessmyresume.com
phpinvoice.us
billebert.com
mapthis.com
makerealdeals.com

Post subject: Re: a lil help?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:15 pm 
Forum Regular

phpandflash.us - This is just a default wordpress layout.... not sure what you want me to say. It looks like the million others I've seen everywhere I go....it's clean, but unoriginal and boring at this point.

ebertresume.accessmyresume.com - colors don't really match well. The background is a bit distracting. I don't like how you have to scroll for 3 years to get to the bottom of the page.

phpinvoice.us - a lot of the images are pixilated and that's the first thing I noticed, not what the site is actually about. Otherwise it's clean looking but the top blue banner doesn't match anything else on the site.

billebert.com - this one is the best one I've seen so far. Biggest issue I see here is not everyone has flash... or can run flash in their browser. Would want to have a html version (which i see it does at the bottom, good for them).

mapthis.com - easy to read, navigate and the colors go well together. Has an error at the top of the page but otherwise this gets my highest rating yet.

makerealdeals.com - overall page layout is nice. Don't like the logo and the top banner, the color clash and the cash/bird/clipart/whatever at the top is giving me a headache just looking at it.

Lol, there you go. My honest opinion.