Any constructive critique will be appreciated :)

Need help with Photoshop, the GIMP, Illustrator, or others? Want to show off your work? Looking for advice on your newest Flash stuff?

Moderator: General Moderators

defeat
Forum Newbie

Any constructive critique will be appreciated :)

Post by defeat »

Please take a look at this site – http://www.concept-vision.com.ua
There u’ll find portfolio section – please take a look and say whatever u think.
Critique of the site’s design will be appreciated also.

Especially I really want to know what u think about conept-art section, that u can find there.
Thanks for your attention.
feyd
Neighborhood Spidermoddy

Post by feyd »

Your female forms seem a little bit manish... but only on a subtle scale. Overall, the art is nice..

Your page design is interesting. The content area needs to have a similar padding on its right as it does its left. There are a few spelling and grammar errors (at least in english) that you may want to clear up to service English speaking individuals. The language change buttons should probably be in that language, as someone that only speaks that language may not understand that the button goes to their native language.

The page's left menu area is very large, both in width and height, I'm not so sure about having the menu controls on the lower area as it's not all that intuitive feeling. Right justification of things, although outside the "norm," may not be the best idea as it breaks the flow of the page visually it seems..
alex.barylski
DevNet Evangelist

Re: Any constructive critique will be appreciated :)

Post by alex.barylski »

defeat wrote:Please take a look at this site – http://www.concept-vision.com.ua
There u’ll find portfolio section – please take a look and say whatever u think.
Critique of the site’s design will be appreciated also.

Especially I really want to know what u think about conept-art section, that u can find there.
Thanks for your attention.
Some of the designs in your portfolio are nice...

I liked the car dealership design...that was a goodie :)

Most important...IMHO

You have to get someone with a native English tongue to go over your verbiage and make minor corrections...clearly your fluent in English, but still it's obvious it's not your native tongue.

Just my opinion though :)

Otherwise good stuff :)
Chris Corbyn
Breakbeat Nuttzer

Post by Chris Corbyn »

Everything worked nicely for me. There's two things I would definitely change that have been mentioned already. Firstly your English spelling. It's good and easy to read but the mistakes do stand out to me, since I'm native English. Secondly, I'd put the navigation links either at the top left or right... it didn't feel natural for me to look for them down there and I didn't spot them initially due to the white text on light grey background.

Those are just critiques like you asked but overall.... very nice indeed! ;)
onion2k
Jedi Mod

Post by onion2k »

I like the layout .. and the stuff in the photography section is awesome .. but I got a mysql error.
boonika
Forum Newbie

Post by boonika »

Nice layout but it would be nicer if you resize it. I mean make the left side much smaller, about the half of what it's now ;).
m0u53m4t
Forum Contributor

Post by m0u53m4t »

It would probably look better if it all fitted in on one page.