PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:55 pm 
Forum Newbie

I'm not sure where to put this, seeing as this forum requires you offer monetary compensation, and volunteer forum says it's for non profit, non business building, but here it goes.

If you've ever wanted to be the man behind the idea, here's your chance.

I'm in the process of building a proposal to Boulder, Co TechStars to get funding (micro-investment) for a new web project (I'm a developer and a salesman ;-D), but they recommend you have at least a team of two (they rarely accept single founders), so I'm looking for a cofounder.

I'm not going to make any vague promises of future payment, claiming this will blast the internet world wide open. We'll be building a BUSINESS, and it WILL be HARD. It's a big project and there is no payment until the project launches successfully, for either of us. Consider this a night-light project until it launches. This is not another facebook, social network attempt, or anything strange like that, it's a web application for a specific need, will be a subscription service, and will be a BUSINESS if we can get it off the ground. I'm putting a lot of my own money into this, but will not ask you to invest anything but your time and skills. If you like the project and it takes off, 50% of everything is yours. No red tape, no gimmicks, just a straight split of the company.

I need someone with experience in the following

LAMP, including PHP and MySQL development
HTML, CSS, XHTML, DHTML
Javascript/jQuery
API's/XML/SOAP
RSS
Domain Wildcards and CNAME
GeoData/Geolocation and Geo-integration

Prefer experience (but nowhere near required) also in:
Java, smali/baksmali and everything else involved in Android development
XCode and Objective-C for iPhone
Extended JS libraries
J2ME/Mobile development
XNA / Visual Studio (for XBOX!)
Dreamweaver (Yeah, I know.... but it's easy to collaborate, easier to navigate than Aptana, more free-form and cheaper than Zend - we're on a budget and a timeline)
Screen Readers/section 508, accessibility

Again, there will be no monetary compensation until either the project launches or we get funded by techstars - and IF we get funded by techstars for techstars 2011, you'll need to spend 3 months in Boulder for the event while we get funding, resources and mentorship for the project, so again, please be ready for this to be a night-light project for awhile, but if you're ready for it, if you want to be the cofounder of a web business - reply with some information about you (or send me a private message), with your skills and history and the kind of time you have to devote to this project :-)
If you want to discuss it at length you'll need to sign an NDA - but bear in mind we can do so without requiring that you join the team. I assume we'll need to give more detailed information to anyone interested in the project.

Last edited by aeltrius on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately, we do not allow Job Hunt threads that "promise" they "might" get paid "if" and "when" the project is successful.

I know it doesn't exactly fit, but I've moved this to the Volunteer Board.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:02 pm 
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:09 pm 
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:26 pm 
Forum Newbie

Hello,

I'm Adam Sultan and I'm 23 years old.
I am a expert php programmer and have been working for 2 years with standard coding practices avoding crappy code. I have expertise with different kind of php technologies like Drupal, Joomla, WordPress etc.

My expertises:
PHP
MySQL
JQuery
HTML
CSS
Photoshop

I'm ready to join your team.

Thanks.