PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 pm 
Forum Newbie

I'm looking for 4 php programmers to work on a team to develop an ultimate content management system. It will have the following functions:

blog
forum
shopping cart
photo gallery
video gallery
email newsletter

Each functional part of this CMS should be able to work separately. So if a client wants to pay for a shopping cart, he will receive only the shopping cart files. If he wants to pay for a blog later on, we should be able to upload the blog files and they should automatically integrate themselves and work with the shopping cart.

Everyone on the team will have distribution rights and may sell the final product, so as long as the code isn't changed and credit to my web development company is given.

You can respond to this thread or PM me if your interested. I will give an update when the team is complete.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 pm 
DevNet Master

Two things to help others evaluate this:

1. Is there compensation, or is the "have distribution rights and may sell the final product" the compensation?
2. 4 developers may have 4 different ways of developing this. One may prefer the Zend framework, 1 CakePHP, 1 CodeIgnitor and 1 may use their own libraries or none at all, etc. or any or other combination. Do you expect to put them together and fight it out?

mysql_function(): WARNING: This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQLextension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am 
DevNet Master

mysql_function(): WARNING: This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQLextension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:45 am 
Forum Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 am 
Forum Newbie

There is always an advantage for people purchasing a CMS from a company rather than trying open source. The content management system I wish to create is not out there. However, it is quite possible to use a bunch of open source/paid for scripts and combine them.

The number of developers I chose is for a good reason. And yes, even though they might have a different style of coding, we will discuss it and come up with the ultimate style of coding.

Last edited by carnavia on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:35 am 
Forum Newbie

There will be compensation if the CMS is successful. But the rights to distribute the CMS with limitations would more than compensate for the work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 am 
Site Administrator

:arrow: Moved to Volunteer Work

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:49 pm 
Forum Newbie

I agree carnavia the idea and I'm ready to volunteer with the team

I'm a Php developer and I have two years of experience and I'm ready to join a team of professional programmers.

Please mail me
adamsultan7@gmail.com