Weekly Poll: Which would you like to experience most?

Where we keep all the boring tidbits about the PHPDN site, the news, and what not.

Moderator: General Moderators

Which of these would you like to experience the most?

Poll ended at Tue May 22, 2007 1:28 pm

Spending a day (or night) with a notorious celebrity.
3%
Attending a private performance by my favorite singer/actor.
No votes
Attending a worldwide sporting event (Super Bowl, World Cup, Masters Tournament, etc).
6%
Traveling the world.
14%
Traveling into space.
14%
Winning a large amount of money ($10,000,000+).
64%

Total votes : 36

Postby shiznatix » Wed May 16, 2007 2:18 am

Forget money, if I had the ability to get on a plane and travel anywhere at any time I would take that for sure. It's half the fun trying to make a living somewhere and experiencing the place with the real people than just having all the money in the world to live the high life or whatever.
shiznatix
DevNet Master

Postby Chris Corbyn » Wed May 16, 2007 2:27 am

I agree. Money just makes some things too easy and that's when it's not so fun anymore. I've never wanted to be rich... but I never want to be so hard-up that I can't afford to go out for meals and take one or two holidays a year etc. I voted for Traveling the world anyway :)
Chris Corbyn
Breakbeat Nuttzer

Postby CoderGoblin » Wed May 16, 2007 2:40 am

Not having to worry about money to live is one thing, too much money another. Having enough money so you don't HAVE to work yet enjoy decent holidays each year, get children through college whatever would be very nice. The amount offered in the poll gets into the second bracket. You'd never know if new friends were after you or the money. Old friends would probably be envious and resentful even if they tried not to show it. You would probably do things which they could never afford to do on their own, offering to pay for them to join you is one solution but in my experience (not that I have money I hasten to add) is that people naturally want to pay their own way. A lot also depends on if you are single or attached/have a family. I could imagine travelling around the world would be nice when single. With family it becomes a lot more problematic (schooling etc). So I guess if you have a family the main choices would be a private performance of a celebrity or the money. Guess I'd take the money.
CoderGoblin
DevNet Resident

Postby shiznatix » Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 am

CoderGoblin wrote:Not having to worry about money to live is one thing, too much money another. Having enough money so you don't HAVE to work yet enjoy decent holidays each year, get children through college whatever would be very nice. The amount offered in the poll gets into the second bracket. You'd never know if new friends were after you or the money. Old friends would probably be envious and resentful even if they tried not to show it. You would probably do things which they could never afford to do on their own, offering to pay for them to join you is one solution but in my experience (not that I have money I hasten to add) is that people naturally want to pay their own way. A lot also depends on if you are single or attached/have a family. I could imagine travelling around the world would be nice when single. With family it becomes a lot more problematic (schooling etc). So I guess if you have a family the main choices would be a private performance of a celebrity or the money. Guess I'd take the money.

if you train your kids right, you might be able to trade them for the traveling around the world one. it might take a bit to get them trained properly but it will be worth it in the end.
shiznatix
DevNet Master

Postby CoderGoblin » Wed May 16, 2007 3:27 am

Seem to remember my parents being offered camels for me in Tunisia when I was younger... hmmm...
CoderGoblin
DevNet Resident

Postby ptrpan » Wed May 16, 2007 4:41 am

I would do the worldwide sporting event. Forget the superbowl, olumpics, yada yada. I would like to be able to travel with a Formula 1 team for a whole year. Now that would be awesome. And the WRC would come in a close second :wink:

But then again, the money does look quite attractive.

ps. As for the ladies, I'm proud to say that South Africa has the most beautiful women in the world. :D
ptrpan
Forum Commoner

Postby Grim... » Fri May 18, 2007 8:43 pm

The Ninja Space Goat wrote:I have a weakness for british accents

You'd better come over to my gaff then, me old mucker.

I talk nothing like that...
Grim...
DevNet Resident

Postby raghavan20 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:59 am

if i get that money, i would probably get all of the others.
raghavan20
DevNet Resident

Postby JayBird » Thu May 24, 2007 9:43 am

Money Image
JayBird
Admin

Postby Charles256 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 pm

I don't recall voting on this yet I can not cast a vote..I miss something?
Charles256
DevNet Resident

Postby feyd » Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 pm

Voting has closed.
feyd
Neighborhood Spidermoddy

Postby Charles256 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:06 am

my post : Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 pm Post subject:
feyd's reply: Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 pm Post subject:

He almost replied before I posted. Now that's creepy.
Charles256
DevNet Resident

Postby Chris Corbyn » Fri May 25, 2007 12:00 pm

feyd wrote:Voting has closed.

Which means we're due for a new poll. Lets see what we can rustle up :)
Chris Corbyn
Breakbeat Nuttzer

Postby Benjamin » Sun May 27, 2007 2:48 am

What would you do once you have accomplished everything you would ever want to do for all time?
Benjamin
Site Administrator

Postby Jonah Bron » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:07 pm

To astions:
Not possible

To Feyd:
In your avatar, why is santa wearing a gas mask, a suspicious looking glove, with a blue orb with a spider, suspended in mid-air?
Jonah Bron
DevNet Master

PreviousNext

Return to Site News