New Frameworks Forum

Where we keep all the boring tidbits about the PHPDN site, the news, and what not.

Moderator: General Moderators

New Frameworks Forum

Postby jason » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:25 pm

By popular demand, and after numerous discussions, someone decided to put up a PHP Frameworks forum. It's pretty simple. If you have questions geared toward using a publish PHP Framework like Zend or CodeIgniter, that's where you should post. Simple enough. Enjoy!
jason
Site Admin

Re: New Frameworks Forum

Postby s.dot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Just curious, would it be more suitable to have a frameworks section with forums for the top 3/4 popular frameworks, and then an additional forum for all other frameworks?

It seems to me that, for example, a person interested in volunteering help for Zend would rather go to the zend framework forum than manipulate through lots of others posts for different frameworks.

EDIT| Nevermind, I guess the same could be said for databases and we currently handle that all in one forum.
s.dot
Tranquility In Moderation

Postby jason » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:51 pm

I considered that, but if we get enough Framework questions for any particular framework over others, we'll branch them off. Until then, let's see if the Framework forum get's enough questions. =)
jason
Site Admin

Postby Jonah Bron » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Is the Frameworks forum suitable for asking questions about other types of platforms, such as CMSs?
Jonah Bron
DevNet Master

Postby Christopher » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:02 pm

I think it would be appropriate if you were adding functionality to an application that was built on top of a framework layer. Otherwise, question on how to customize an application would probably just go in the General or PHP forums.
(#10850)
Christopher
Site Administrator

Postby Jonah Bron » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:14 pm

So you mean asking a question about making a plugin would be okay, but asking about modifying the platform itself wouldn't?
Jonah Bron
DevNet Master

Postby phillknowles » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 am

hi, this is so nice framework forum..i am using this from last two month..and this is useful for mine..
phillknowles
Forum Newbie

Return to Site News