PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:02 pm 
Site Administrator

What the hell. I say we roll with it. I like the shadowed version myself, but I'm afraid when it's scaled down that it will look clunky. Thought?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:19 pm 
Forum Regular

don't look that bad

- "View active topics" still not working,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:51 pm 
Forum Regular

RobertGonzalez wrote:
How can close can you get to the original design of the logo. Not to impose, it's just that the logo was Jason's from way back when and if we are going to change it I'd at least like his input.

EDIT | Almost forgot, that is a sweet rendering dude. You got some pretty mad graphic skillz. ;)

phpdn_logo_plain.png should be very very close to the original. I matched the font as well as I could, but I'm afraid I don't have one of those fancy type libraries, so I didn't have too many choices :? . I matched the color and position as well as I could. The others I just added some shadows and shading, and then broke out the graphic from the text.

And thanks for the compliment!

As I stated, I certainly meant no disrespect at all, and had no desire to present something with any significant difference. I would of course welcome input from the original designer!

Also, scaled down version... included the original logo in the middle for comparison.

Attachment:
g4762-9.png
g4762-9.png [ 27.75 KiB | Viewed 9071 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:18 pm 
Briney Mod

Gotta say - I'm not a big fan of the new code blocks. I think the white bar above and below the code blocks are superfluous, and I think the background color of the container around the actual code should be white. Not sure if this is something that can be changed in the plugin, but it looks pretty clunky now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

The only theme that seems to be working on Safari is the default. All the other themes end up with what looks like a missing stylesheet. I haven't tested the themes on any other browser yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:40 pm 
Jack of Zircons

You threw this old dog a curve ball there, but I'll try to learn a few new tricks. The new features and at least some of the new themes are pretty cool. omniuni's logo is awesome, but what IS it? A water Molecule? 2 Hydrogens and an Oxygen?

My only complaint is that now I have to choose new sayings for my signature, since the KS_Serious fixed-width theme forces word-wrap. Serious_ly, it would be nice if the width could be, say, 80% of screen width, or something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:01 pm 
Site Administrator

John Cartwright wrote:
The only theme that seems to be working on Safari is the default. All the other themes end up with what looks like a missing stylesheet. I haven't tested the themes on any other browser yet.

This was only happening with WebKit browsers on the Avalon theme last night. All of the other themes worked for me on Safari and Chrome, but Avalon did not. Still can't seem to get it working properly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm 
Site Administrator

omniuni wrote:
RobertGonzalez wrote:
How can close can you get to the original design of the logo. Not to impose, it's just that the logo was Jason's from way back when and if we are going to change it I'd at least like his input.

EDIT | Almost forgot, that is a sweet rendering dude. You got some pretty mad graphic skillz. ;)

phpdn_logo_plain.png should be very very close to the original. I matched the font as well as I could, but I'm afraid I don't have one of those fancy type libraries, so I didn't have too many choices :? . I matched the color and position as well as I could. The others I just added some shadows and shading, and then broke out the graphic from the text.

And thanks for the compliment!

As I stated, I certainly meant no disrespect at all, and had no desire to present something with any significant difference. I would of course welcome input from the original designer!

Also, scaled down version... included the original logo in the middle for comparison.

Attachment:
g4762-9.png

I like the shadows of the first one, but the PHP Developer's Network from the second. Can you post one back that combines the two? A scaled one. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:00 pm 
Briney Mod

califdon wrote:
what IS it? A water Molecule? 2 Hydrogens and an Oxygen?
Close, it's sulfur dichloride. In organic synthesis, it adds to alkenes to give chloride-substituted thioethers [ source ].

Seriously - how can you not know that? :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:07 pm 
Site Administrator

Dude, I thought it was the base molecular structure of the simplest form of my awesomeness.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm 
Jack of Zircons

pickle wrote:
califdon wrote:
what IS it? A water Molecule? 2 Hydrogens and an Oxygen?
Close, it's sulfur dichloride. In organic synthesis, it adds to alkenes to give chloride-substituted thioethers [ source ].

Seriously - how can you not know that? :P

Yeah, I have absolutely no excuse! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:30 pm 
Forum Regular

Hm. I just figured it represented connections or something. I could always try to come up with something else, but I have become used to the current logo; water molecules, or connections, or whatever it may be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:40 pm 
Site Administrator

I'm pretty sure that was Jason's vision of "network". It's all good. It has kinda become our brand so I think it should stay.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:44 pm 
Jack of Zircons

Probably better than a sticky spider web, yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:44 pm 
Forum Regular

RobertGonzalez wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was Jason's vision of "network". It's all good. It has kinda become our brand so I think it should stay.

I agree

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next