PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 pm 
Forum Newbie

I am trying to create a website that is similar to this http://ad-for.net/ecatalogue.php?abmi=search&a=MTU= , what kind of language can I use? I am really new to programming and making websites, so I really need all the help that I can get. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:23 am 
Forum Contributor

If your website content is just static pages HTML/CSS should be sufficient. For dynamic pages, perl or PHP should help you get started quickly. You can use JAVA-Servlets and .NET Framework but they are more involved. The website you have in your like has heavy CSS/Javascript. HTML lays everything on the page, CSS makes it prettier. Check out Dreamwaver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 am 
Forum Contributor

The example you have shown is essentially a dynamic site - users login - so u need a members database and then do some activities which are essentially dynamic.

as mutatis mutandis suggest and as you say you are a new programmer - you may consider looking at PHP and MySql combination for the dynamic content and HTML/CSS/Javascript for the static content.