What kind of script do I need to use?

XML, Perl, Python, and other languages can be discussed here, even if it isn't PHP (We might forgive you).

Moderator: General Moderators

What kind of script do I need to use?

Postby newbieprogrammer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 pm

I am trying to create a website that is similar to this http://ad-for.net/ecatalogue.php?abmi=search&a=MTU= , what kind of language can I use? I am really new to programming and making websites, so I really need all the help that I can get. Thanks.
newbieprogrammer
Forum Newbie

Re: What kind of script do I need to use?

Postby x_mutatis_mutandis_x » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:23 am

If your website content is just static pages HTML/CSS should be sufficient. For dynamic pages, perl or PHP should help you get started quickly. You can use JAVA-Servlets and .NET Framework but they are more involved. The website you have in your like has heavy CSS/Javascript. HTML lays everything on the page, CSS makes it prettier. Check out Dreamwaver
x_mutatis_mutandis_x
Forum Contributor

Re: What kind of script do I need to use?

Postby Live24x7 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 am

The example you have shown is essentially a dynamic site - users login - so u need a members database and then do some activities which are essentially dynamic.

as mutatis mutandis suggest and as you say you are a new programmer - you may consider looking at PHP and MySql combination for the dynamic content and HTML/CSS/Javascript for the static content.
Live24x7
Forum Contributor

Return to Miscellaneous